Benefits of Mineral Water for Health
Generally speaking there is very little difference between the health benefits of mineral water and those of tap water. This is for two reasons: 1) Any beneficial vitamins or minerals found in either water source will be in trace amounts; and 2) Drinking low TDS water is typically preferred for hydration, and minerals are best utilized when consumed through food.
If you are drinking mineral water for health benefits, it is recommended to drink brands that list the precise minerals in the water, so you know what you’re drinking. Some of these brands are formulated to contain specific quantities of additives that can boost your healing properties, energy, immune system and more, and help you obtain your daily vitamin requirements.
An additional benefit of mineral water is taste. Taste is always a matter of preference, and some people prefer their water to have more flavor. Minerals, even in trace amounts, will add flavor to water, whereas purer water will be much crisper with little or no taste.
Products for Water Quality
Did You Know?
Water is our planet's most precious resource.
- The average American uses about 50 gallons (190 liters) of water daily.
- Flushing a toilet uses 2 to 7 gallons (7.5 to 26.5 liters) of water.
- A five-minute shower uses 25 to 50 gallons (95 to 190 liters) of water.
- Leaving the water on while brushing your teeth wastes 2 gallons (7.5 liters) of water each time!
- At least 400 million people live in regions with severe water shortages.
- Water is the original health drink. It contains no fat, no calories and no cholesterol.